[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Let's fix all neutron bugs! (NOT)

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Fri Nov 7 09:17:05 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I have been supervising bug list for neutron during the last release cycle,
trying
to do some "housekeeping", prioritizing issues and fixing some of them.

As you might see, amount of bugs (even staying in "New" state) doesn't go
down.
Bugs appear at quite fast pace, and some of them hang for quite a long
time, especially if someone has assigned the bug on himself and then
abandoned working on it.
One of the other reasons for that is that we lack volunteers willing to fix
those bugs.

So,

If you're willing to help, have some knowledge of neutron and its codebase
or you have a lab where you can reproduce (and hence, confirm) the bug and
provide more additional debugging info, that would be great!
My plan is to get your contact, knowing what "part" of neutron project you
familiar with, and then assign bugs directly to you if I feel that the
issue matches your experience.

I just want to make bug triaging/fixing process a bit more iterative and
efficient, with a help of community.
So please reach directly to me and let me know what you are
interested/experienced with.

Thanks,
Eugene.