[openstack-dev] openstack-dev] [neutron] [nfv]

A, Keshava keshava.a at hp.com
Wed Nov 5 07:27:57 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am thinking loud here, about NFV Service VM and OpenStack infrastructure.
Please let me know does the below scenario analysis make sense.

NFV Service VM's are hosted on cloud (OpenStack)  where in there are  2 Tenants with different Service order of execution.
(Service order what I have mentioned here is  just an example ..)

*         Does OpenStack controls the order of Service execution for every packet ?

*         Does OpenStack will have different Service-Tag for different Service ?

*         If there are multiple features with in a Service-VM, how Service-Execution is controlled in that  VM ?

*         After completion of a particular Service ,  how the next Service will be invoked ?

Will there be pre-configured flows from OpenStack  to invoke next service for tagged packet from Service-VM ?

[cid:image003.png at 01CFF8F8.1BCCFAF0]

[cid:image007.png at 01CFF8F8.1BCCFAF0]

Thanks & regards,
keshava