[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev] [BarbicanClient] [Cinder] Cinder unit tests failing

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 22:33:40 UTC 2014

Hey Everyone,

So there's been a bit of activity around barbicanclient as of late due
version 3.0.0 causing unit test failures as a result of cliff
dependencies in stable.

Unfortunately, there's a detail that's been neglected here.  Looking
at the logs for the unit test it turns out that barbicanclient remove
a module.  That would be fine but sadly a unit test was written in
cinder that imported module from python-barbicanclient directly
(that's bad!!).  So as a result said unit tests now obviously fail.

As a temporary solution I've removed
cinder/tests/keymgr/test_barbican.py from Cinders unit tests. I'll
look at rewriting the unit tests or maybe some of the barbican folks
would be willing to step up and take a shot at cleaning this all up
before I get a chance.

For reference I've filed a cinder bug [1]

Thanks,
John

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1389419