[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Dhcp and static pools for admin network

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Tue Nov 4 11:51:56 UTC 2014

Hi guys,
I was trying to get rid from static pool in fuel and there is couple of
concerns that I want to
discuss with you.

1. Do we want to get rid from static pool completely (e.g remove any notion
of static pool
in nailgun, fuelmenu)? Or it will be enough to allow overlapping, and leave
possibility to split dhcp and static pools?

2. What is preferable way to handle master upgrade?
In my opinion we should not touch existing configuraion for cobbler/dnsmasq
and support single pool of addresses only for new environments (after 6.*)

Maybe you have other questions, i will appreciate if you list them here.
Thank you for your time