[openstack-dev] TC election by the numbers

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Sat Nov 1 15:43:48 UTC 2014

On 11/01/2014 04:31 PM, Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> So, just to round out this thread, the key questions are:
>
>  * whether a low & declining turnout is a real problem

I'd like to point out that there 580 'regular' contributors at the
moment[1], these are the authors of 95% of the OpenStack code. 506 total
number of voters.

> and, if so:
>
>  * could this have been driven by a weakness in the voting model,
>    and/or the perception of representative balance in the outcomes

I would suggest to explore another possible cause: are the elections
advertised enough? Is there enough time for developers to understand
also this important part of OpenStack and get involved? Do we use all
possible channels to communicate the elections and their importance?

Thoughts?

/stef

[1] http://activity.openstack.org/dash/browser/