[openstack-dev] [horizon][infra] Plan for the splitting of Horizon into two repositories

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat May 31 21:13:35 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-29 20:55:01 +0000 (+0000), Lyle, David wrote:
[...]
> There are several more xstatic packages that horizon will pull in that are
> maintained outside openstack. The packages added are only those that did
> not have existing xstatic packages. These packages will be updated very
> sparingly, only when updating say bootstrap or jquery versions.
[...]

I'll admit that my Web development expertise is probably almost 20
years stale at this point, so forgive me if this is a silly
question: what is the reasoning against working with the upstreams
who do not yet distribute needed Javascript library packages to help
them participate in the distribution channels you need? This strikes
me as similar to forking a Python library which doesn't publish to
PyPI, just so you can publish it to PyPI. When some of these
dependencies begin to publish xstatic packages themselves, do the
equivalent repositories in Gerrit get decommissioned at that point?
--
Jeremy Stanley