[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Ironic] [Heat] Mid-cycle collaborative meetup

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Fri May 30 11:55:22 UTC 2014

On 2014/29/05 20:57, Zane Bitter wrote:
> On 29/05/14 13:33, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
>> Devananda van der Veen <devananda.vdv at gmail.com> wrote on 05/29/2014
>> 01:26:12 PM:
>>
>>  > Hi Jaromir,
>>  >
>>  > I agree that the midcycle meetup with TripleO and Ironic was very
>>  > beneficial last cycle, but this cycle, Ironic is co-locating its
>>  > sprint with Nova. Our focus needs to be working with them to merge
>>  > the nova.virt.ironic driver. Details will be forthcoming as we work
>>  > out the exact details with Nova. That said, I'll try to make the
>>  > TripleO sprint as well -- assuming the dates don't overlap.
>>  >
>>  > Cheers,
>>  > Devananda
>>  >

>>  > On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:05 AM, Jaromir Coufal <jcoufal at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>  > Hi to all,
>>  >
>>  > after previous TripleO & Ironic mid-cycle meetup, which I believe
>>  > was beneficial for all, I would like to suggest that we meet again
>>  > in the middle of Juno cycle to discuss current progress, blockers,
>>  > next steps and of course get some beer all together :)
>>  >
>>  > Last time, TripleO and Ironic merged their meetings together and I
>>  > think it was great idea. This time I would like to invite also Heat
>>  > team if they want to join. Our cooperation is increasing and I think
>>  > it would be great, if we can discuss all issues together.
>>  >
>>  > Red Hat offered to host this event, so I am very happy to invite you
>>  > all and I would like to ask, who would come if there was a mid-cycle
>>  > meetup in following dates and place:
>>  >
>>  > * July 28 - Aug 1
>>  > * Red Hat office, Raleigh, North Carolina
>>  >
>>  > If you are intending to join, please, fill yourselves into this
>> etherpad:
>>  > https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-midcycle-meetup
>>  >
>>  > Cheers
>>  > -- Jarda
>>
>> Given the organizers, I assume this will be strongly focused on TripleO
>> and Ironic.
>> Would this be a good venue for all the mid-cycle discussion that will be
>> relevant to Heat?
>> Is anyone planning a distinct Heat-focused mid-cycle meetup?
>
> We haven't had one in the past, but the project is getting bigger so,
> given our need to sync with the TripleO folks anyway, this may be a good
> opportunity to try. Certainly it's unlikely that any Heat developers
> attending will spend the _whole_ week working with the TripleO team, so
> there should be time to do something like what you're suggesting. I
> think we just need to see who is willing & able to attend, and work out
> an agenda on that basis.

Last time we managed to work also on the items not related to other
projects. So I think it is just matter of putting together an agenda.
Each team can work on their own, schedule cross-project topics and huge
benefit is that we can discuss interrelated issues directly with members
of other teams easily and anytime because we can get up and approach
anybody face-to-face.

-- Jarda