[openstack-dev] [Neutron] How about deprecate cfg.CONF.allow_overlapping_ips?

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 07:52:30 UTC 2014

Even though the OS supports it now, it's possible that there could still be
network backends that don't handle it yet. Specifically certain L3 router
implementations that map to a physical router that doesn't support the
overlapping spaces.

I'm not sure how many deployments are like that, but it's definitely
something to consider.

--
Kevin Benton

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Nachi Ueno <nachi at ntti3.com> wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Today, we are can change allow overlapping ips or not by configuration.
> This has impact of database design, and actually, this flag complicate the
> implementations.
>
> Whey we have this flag is a historical reason. This was needed when many OS
> don't support namespaces, however Most of OS support namespace.
>
> so IMO, we can deprecate it.
> Any thought on this?
>
> Best
> Nachi