[openstack-dev] [horizon][infra] Plan for the splitting of Horizon into two repositories

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Thu May 29 10:09:14 UTC 2014

On 05/28/2014 10:03 PM, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
> It's sort of a silly point, but as someone who would likely consume the
> split-off package outside of the OpenStack context, please give it a
proper
> name instead of "django_horizon". The module only works in Django, the
name
> adds both clutter and confusion, and it's against the Django
> community's conventions to have the python import name be prefixed
with "django_".

Since the name is completely irrelevant from the technical point of
view, and everybody will naturally have their own opinions about it,
I would prefer to skip the whole discussion and just settle on the most
mundane, boring, uninspired and obvious name that we can use, just to
avoid bikeshedding and surprises.

I didn't realize it would violate Django community's conventions, can
you point to where they are documented?

I don't think this is important, but since we have some time until the
patches for static files and other stuff clear, we could have a poll for
the name. Gabriel, would you like to run that?

--
Radomir Dopieralski