[openstack-dev] [Ironic] two confused part about Ironic

Jander lu lhcxx0508 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 03:14:24 UTC 2014

Hi, guys, I have two confused part in Ironic.

(1) if I use nova boot api to launch an physical instance, how does nova
boot command differentiate whether VM or physical node provision? From this
article, nova bare metal use "PlacementFilter" instead of
FilterScheduler.so does Ironic use the same method? (
http://www.mirantis.com/blog/baremetal-provisioning-multi-tenancy-placement-control-isolation/
)

(2)does Ironic only support Flat network? If not, how does Ironic implement
tenant isolation in virtual network? say,if one tenant has two vritual
network namespace,how does the created bare metal node instance send the
dhcp request to the right namespace?

Thank you for help