[openstack-dev] [horizon][infra] Plan for the splitting of Horizon into two repositories

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Wed May 28 20:03:21 UTC 2014

It's sort of a silly point, but as someone who would likely consume the split-off package outside of the OpenStack context, please give it a proper name instead of "django_horizon". The module only works in Django, the name adds both clutter and confusion, and it's against the Django community's conventions to have the python import name be prefixed with "django_".

If the name "horizon" needs to stay with the reference implementation of the dashboard rather than keeping it with the framework as-is that's fine, but choose a new real name for the framework code.

Just to get the ball rolling, and as a nod to the old-timers, I'll propose the runner up in the original naming debate: "bourbon". ;-)

If there are architectural questions I can help with in this process let me know. I'll try to keep an eye on the progress as it goes.

All the best,

   - Gabriel