[openstack-dev] [MagnetoDB] MagnetoDB events & notifications

Ilya Sviridov isviridov at mirantis.com
Wed May 28 11:46:41 UTC 2014

Hello Charles,

The specification looks very good and we can start with it for table and
data item events.

The only thing I'm not quite sure is implementation of table.usage
information.
I mean this part of description "Periodic usage notification generated by
the magnetodb-table-usage-audit cron job"

Until now we don't have central place for running such job for all tables
and I wouldn't want to introduce it, but having it working on each MDB api
instance will multiply the number of notifications. Also I'm not sure that
it will scale well with growing count of tables.

I believe that MDB should be pooled for table.usage as well as for other
data what describes general state of system by monitoring system.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Ilya