[openstack-dev] Xen and Libvirt.

Álvaro López García alvaro.lopez.garcia at cern.ch
Wed May 28 07:35:15 UTC 2014

On Wed 28 May 2014 (01:08), Tian, Shuangtai wrote:
> Hi,

Hi.

>    Does anyone use the latest libvirt + xen +openstack ? In my ubuntu environment, It can not create VM , Because the blktap2 does not work.

Which kernel are you using? Why does blktap2 not work?

We're using libvirt+xen on Ubuntu, using theblktap2-dkms package and a
3.5 kernel (we couldn't use it with t a 3.8 due to this bug that seems
resolved now [1]).

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/blktap-dkms/+bug/1078843

Regards,
Álvaro López García                              aloga at ifca.unican.es
Instituto de Física de Cantabria         http://alvarolopez.github.io
Ed. Juan Jordá, Campus UC                      tel: (+34) 942 200 969
Avda. de los Castros s/n
39005 Santander (SPAIN)