[openstack-dev] [Nova] status of quota class

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed May 28 07:02:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 10:27 -0600, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 13:47 +0100, Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
> > But 'quota_class' is never set when a nova RequestContext is created.
>
> When I created quota classes, I envisioned the authentication component
> of the WSGI stack setting the quota_class on the RequestContext, but
> there was no corresponding concept in Keystone.  We need some means of
> identifying groups of tenants.
>
> > So my question, what is the plan to finish the 'quota class' feature ?
>
> I currently have no plan to work on that, and I am not aware of any such
> work.

Just for reference, we discussed the fact that this code was unused two
years ago:

  https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg12200.html

and I see Joe has now completed the process of removing it again:

  https://review.openstack.org/75535
  https://review.openstack.org/91480
  https://review.openstack.org/91699
  https://review.openstack.org/91700