[openstack-dev] [Horizon][UX] Improving the User Experience of Messaging in Horizon

Jacki Bauer jacki.bauer at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue May 27 21:11:45 UTC 2014

On May 20, 2014, at 3:37 PM, Liz Blanchard <lsurette at redhat.com<mailto:lsurette at redhat.com>> wrote:

I put together a page on the wiki [1] capturing a first draft of some ideas on how to improve the User Experience of the messaging in Horizon. These are not technical and really just focus on the presentation layer of these messages, but it would be great to see this be expanded or additional proposals be created around some of the technical discussions that need to take place for improving messaging.

Please feel free to add to/edit this page as you think makes sense. Also, any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks for doing this! I think the content is spot on, and the big challenge is to get people using it. We probably need some place to keep all UI related standards (once they are created) and then point to it from places like Horizon launchpad or the Horizon project on the wiki so that people know it’s there.

I would like if we could eventually provide different examples of messages, good and bad, mocked up as either inline messages or the error ‘bubbles’ we use now - so developers could have a bunch of message ideas to copy and tweak to their needs.

Best,
Jacki