[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPv6] Neutron Routers and LLAs

Collins, Sean Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Tue May 27 16:46:49 UTC 2014

I'm going to bump this thread based on some of the discussions we had
today during the IRC meeting.

I also added a comment to a review on the tempest side after our
discussion (I made some adjustments to my comment for context and
clarification)

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/93400/

>> The only time that the gateway will be specified
>> in advance for a V6 subnet is if you are using an external device or
>> something not orchestrated by OpenStack.
>>
>> We discussed this today, in the meeting, at 14:24:09
>>
>> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/neutron_ipv6/2014/neutron_ipv6.2014-05-27-14.01.log.html
>>
>> Basically, if you are going to create a router in Neutron for a v6
>> subnet, we plan on having the router attachment step populate the
>> gateway attribute of the subnet, since we will be wiring it up and
>> will have a LLA for the router.

For now, we are not addressing the problem of multiple routers attached to
different subnets - since we need to do some research on that.

--
Sean M. Collins