[openstack-dev] [all] Hide CI comments in Gerrit

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Tue May 27 14:07:54 UTC 2014

Radoslav Gerganov <rgerganov at vmware.com> writes:

> Hi Monty,
>
>> As a next step - why not take the Javascript you've got there and submit
>> it as a patch to the file above? We can probably figure out a way to
>> template the third party CI names ... but starting one step at a time is
>> a great idea.
>>

> Thanks for the pointer, I have submitted https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95743
>
> It is still a work in progress as I need to figure out how to augment
> only review pages, not the entire Gerrit interface. What would be a
> good way to test this kind of changes? I have been told there is
> Gerrit dev box out there. I guess I can also test it with an http
> proxy that rewrites the pages from the upstream Gerrit but I am
> looking for something easier :)
>
> Having template for CI names would be very helpful indeed.

Very cool!

When that's ready, we can manually apply it to review-dev only to make
sure it works before we put it into production.

We're definitely interested in templating the CI names, but we haven't
actually asked anyone to start doing that yet (we're getting some other
changes ready at the same time so that the third-party CI folks can make
all the requested changes at once).  Realistically, it's going to take a
little while for all of that to get into place.  We could just list the
names for now and then change to a regex later, or I wonder if it would
be possible to detect them based on the presence of a "Verified" vote?

-Jim