[openstack-dev] [neutron] Adding Routing v/s Topology as Service v/s exporting Topology info to ODL ..

A, Keshava keshava.a at hp.com
Tue May 27 09:57:17 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am observing that here there are overlapping functionality between Routing and Topology ..

1. Adding Routing into OpenStack ( by link state protocol : OSPF/other) to learn prefix of underlay network and inject into overlay network.
	Builds for CN + Physical Switch/Router ..

2. Use  topology ( build by OSPF)  for any other purpose, including Traffic Engineer if required later.

3. Export this topology information to ODL (Open daylight) later to build " Service Chaining across underlay and Overlay network".

So in my opinion adding the routing in the underlay network and 'topology as service' can be interlinked and needs consider many aspects considering further upcoming requirements ..

Thanks & regards,
Keshava.A