[openstack-dev] [infra] Gerrit downtime on May 23 for project renames

Alexander Tivelkov ativelkov at mirantis.com
Mon May 26 10:49:36 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

After the "murano-api" repo was renamed to "murano", all the old changesets
in gerrit for this repository are missing in all the queries: "
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:stackforge/murano,n,z" returns
only new (or recently updated) changesets, while "
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:stackforge/murano-api,n,z" does
not return anything at all. Even the currently open (i.e. not merged)
changesets are not shown.

Direct links to the changesets still work, and once rebased to a new repo
the changeset becomes visible, however all the history seems lost.
Previously, if I was looking for the reasons behind some line of code, I
could git-annotate the code, find the commit message and use the gerrit
change-id from that message to locate the change in gerrit. Not it seems
impossible.

Is there any way to recover the old changesets?

--
Regards,
Alexander Tivelkov