[openstack-dev] [all] Hide CI comments in Gerrit

Radoslav Gerganov rgerganov at vmware.com
Sun May 25 12:23:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

I created a small userscript that allows you to hide CI comments in Gerrit. That way you can read only comments written by humans and hide everything else. I’ve been struggling for a long time to follow discussions on changes with many patch sets because of the CI noise. So I came up with this userscript:

https://gist.github.com/rgerganov/35382752557cb975354a

It adds “Toggle CI” button at the bottom of the page that hides/shows CI comments. Right now it is configured for Nova CIs, as I contribute mostly there, but you can easily make it work for other projects as well. It supports both the “old” and “new” screens that we have.

How to install on Chrome: open chrome://extensions and drag&drop the script there
How to install on Firefox: install Greasemonkey first and then open the script

Known issues:
 - you may need to reload the page to get the new button
 - I tried to add the button somewhere close to the collapse/expand links but it didn’t work for some reason

Hope you will find it useful. Any feedback is welcome :)

Thanks,
Rado