[openstack-dev] [neutron] Network tomography

Mandeep Dhami dhami at noironetworks.com
Fri May 23 16:24:20 UTC 2014

Hi Artem:

Can you provide reference to that network tomography work? I would be
interested in a follow up.

In a vendor specific plugin, I have used LLDPs for link discovery using
LLDPs (and by transitivity, the ToR discovery), but I did not build a more
complete topology view since neutron does not actually have abstractions
for working on physical network entities except for the host network
interfaces and the segments that they are connected to (all other network
entities are for the logical network built using neutron APIs or for
supporting that logical network).

Regards,
Mandeep