[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS]TLS API support for authentication

Eichberger, German german.eichberger at hp.com
Thu May 22 19:53:03 UTC 2014

Hi Sam,

I totally agree - this will definitely reduce our scope and increase the chance of getting this in.

I am still (being influenced by Unix methodology) thinking that we should explore service chaining more for that. As I said earlier, re-encryption feels more like a VPN type thing than a load balancer. Hence, I can imagine a very degenerated VPN service which re-encrypts things with SSL. But, admittedly, I am looking at that as a software engineer and not a network engineer :)

German