[openstack-dev] [Neutron][NFV] NFV BoF at design summit

Isaku Yamahata isaku.yamahata at gmail.com
Thu May 22 06:28:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:54:03AM +0300,
Dmitry <meytin at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI,

Hi.

> I would happy to get explanation of what is the difference between Adv
> Service Management<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz-bErEEHJxLTGY4NUVvTzRDaEk/edit>from
> the Service VM

The above document is stale.
the right one is
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pwFVV8UavvQkBz92bT-BweBAiIZoMJP0NPAO4-60XFY/edit?pli=1
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZWDDTjwhIUedyipkDztM0_nBYgfCEP9Q77hhn1ZduCA/edit?pli=1#
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ServiceVM

Anyway how did you find the link? I'd like to remove stale links.

> and NFVO
> orchestration<http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/88/slides/slides-88-opsawg-6.pdf>from
> NFV Mano.
> The most interesting part if service provider management as part of the
> service catalog.

servicevm corresponds to (a part of) NFV orchestrator and VNF manager.
Especially life cycle management of VMs/services. configuration of services.
I think the above document and the NFV documents only give high level
statement of components, right?

thanks,