[openstack-dev] [infra] Gerrit downtime on May 23 for project renames

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Wed May 21 21:13:37 UTC 2014

On 22/05/14 04:55, James E. Blair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday, May 23 at 21:00 UTC Gerrit will be unavailable for about 20
> minutes while we rename some projects.  Existing reviews, project
> watches, etc, should all be carried over.  The current list of projects
> that we will rename is:
>
> stackforge/barbican -> openstack/barbican
> openstack/oslo.test -> openstack/oslotest
> openstack-dev/openstack-qa -> openstack-attic/openstack-qa
> openstack/melange -> openstack-attic/melange
> openstack/python-melangeclient -> openstack-attic/python-melangeclient
> openstack/openstack-chef -> openstack-attic/openstack-chef
> stackforge/climate -> stackforge/blazar
> stackforge/climate-nova -> stackforge/blazar-nova
> stackforge/python-climateclient -> stackforge/python-blazarclient
> openstack/database-api -> openstack-attic/database-api
> openstack/glance-specs -> openstack/image-specs
> openstack/neutron-specs -> openstack/networking-specs
> openstack/oslo-specs -> openstack/common-libraries-specs

May I ask, will the old names have some kind of redirect to the new names?

For example, after the change, what would a user visiting:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/neutron-specs,n,z

see?

We've gone to quite a bit of effort of late to communicate the new
*-specs repositories to people (particularly for nova and neutron), and
it would be a really bad experience - especially for those from the
non-developer side of things - to be presented with some kind of error
or empty list after following the link we gave them.

Regards,

Tom