[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Is vendor CI tests pass mandatory to merging fixes upstream...

Kyle Mestery mestery at noironetworks.com
Wed May 21 15:38:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Narasimhan, Vivekanandan
<vivekanandan.narasimhan at hp.com> wrote:
> Hi  Neutron’ers,
>

> Could you please let us know if all vendor CI tests must pass , If we need
> to merge a fix to
>
> the upstream master?

Not necessarily required by policy, but debugging the failures and
working with the CI owners is a good thing.

> For example , for this bug fix https://review.openstack.org/#/c/93624/
>
> Posted to upstream master for merge,  we see failure for Mellanox CI and
> Hyper-V CI.
>

> The UT failures don’t seem to relate to our fix, but it would be helpful for
> us to touch base
>
> with Mellanox CI and Hyper-V CI wwners to go forward and get these failures
> resolved.

I think reaching out on the list is the best place to look for help
right now. We need to have contacts for these 3rd party CI systems so
it's easier to reach out to people when they do fail, because a fair
amount of the time these are proprietary systems and code submitters
will need help of the CI owners to debug things.

There's a weekly meeting OpenStack-wide [1] on third-party testing,
for those who missed the earlier announcement as well.

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings#Third_Party_Meeting