[openstack-dev] [Heat] [Docker] Resource

Eric Windisch ewindisch at docker.com
Tue May 20 20:45:20 UTC 2014

>  The solution I propose to this problem is to integrate docker with
> software config, which would allow the Docker api running on a compute
> instance to listen on an unix socket

First, thank you for looking at this.

Docker already listens on a unix socket. I'm not as familiar with Heat's
'software config' as I should be, although I attended a couple sessions on
it last week. I'm not sure how this solves the problem? Is the plan to have
the software-config-agent communicate over the network to/from Heat, and to
the instance's local unix socket?

--
Regards,
Eric Windisch