[openstack-dev] [all] custom gerrit dashboard - per project review inbox zero

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon May 19 18:40:18 UTC 2014

On 05/19/2014 01:03 PM, Alexis Lee wrote:
> Sean Dague said on Fri, May 09, 2014 at 08:20:42AM -0400:
>> Based on some of my blog posts on gerrit queries, I've built and gotten
>> integrated a custom inbox zero dashboard which is per project in gerrit.
>
> Hi Sean,
>
> I've been looking for something like this! Very nice.
>
> Only one problem - if all cores use this, anything with a -1 is dead.
> It's not always possible to address everyone's concerns to their full
> satisfaction and sometimes even core reviewers like to acknowledge this
> by leaving a -1 not a -2.
>
> This affects new starters who have little reputation to trade on more
> than frequent contributors who can ask around to get their patches
> merged despite not being on the review list.
>
> What do you think please?
>

> Alexis

It's actually pretty rare for something to merge with a negative code
review on it. In the last 30 days in Nova we've merged:

 - 218 patches
 - 10 of which had a negative code review on them at merge time

If we go back 60 days we get:

 - 462 patches
 - 17 of which had a negative code review on them at merge time

ssh review.openstack.org gerrit query "status:merged
project:openstack/nova NOT age:2mon"

vs.

ssh review.openstack.org gerrit query "status:merged
project:openstack/nova label:Code-Review=-1 NOT age:2mon"

(after that we exceed 500 reviews on the positive case, so command line
counting isn't quite as easy).

So we are really looking at < 5% occurrence of this kind of behavior. As
such it's an exceptional case, and can be handled in an exceptional way.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net