[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Qcow2 support for cinder-backup

Murali Balcha Murali.Balcha at triliodata.com
Sun May 18 16:32:47 UTC 2014

Hi,
I did a design session on Friday though my proposal was to capture the
delta as qcow2. Here is the link to ether pad notes.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-cinder-changed-block-list

Do you see synergies between what you are proposing and my proposal?
Shouldn¹t we standardize on one format for all backups? I believe Cinder
backup API currently uses JSON based list with pointers to all swift
objects that make up the backup data of a volume.

Regards,
Murali Balcha