[openstack-dev] [nova] ANNOUNCE: New Nova Libvirt (Sub-)Team + Meeting

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri May 16 17:10:40 UTC 2014

Hi Nova developers,

Since Nova already has sub-teams for HyperV, VMWare, and XenAPI, I feel that
it would be a worthwhile effort to introduce a sub-team + meeting for the
Nova Libvirt driver:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova#Nova_subteams
    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Libvirt
    https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-libvirt-meeting-agenda

I have arbitrarily picked Tuesdays at 1500 UTC on IRC #openstack-meeting-3
as the time + place for the meeting. If this turns out to be horrible for
a significant number of people, we can discuss alternate times (as long as
they are not friday evenings ;-), or alternate between 2 times. Currently
this time point works out as

    08:00 San Francisco
    11:00 Boston
    15:00 UTC
    16:00 London
    17:00 Berlin
    20:30 Mumbai
    23:00 Bejing
    24:00 Tokyo

    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=15&min=00&sec=0p1=0

So I suggest the first meeting take place next week:

   Tuesday May 20th at 15:00 UTC

I don't want to add bureaucracy to the libvirt driver development workflow.
Rather I intend that this meeting is a way to facilitate libvirt related
discussions between different parties/companies and to resolve roadblocks
that people working on libvirt may be facing. It should also be a place for
other OpenStack teams (Neutron/Glance/Infra/etc) to come to meeting the
Nova libvirt team and raise topics they have.

If you want to attend this meeting, please record topics for discussion
in the etherpad (and put your name + IRC nick against items)

   https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-libvirt-meeting-agenda

Historically KVM / QEMU have got the majority of attention from libvirt
developers, to the extent that we (unfortunately) caused breakage of both
LXC and Xen during Icehouse. From mail and design summit discussions, it
seems there is a critical mass of people interested in raising the quality
of LXC and Xen during Juno and getting gate CI up & running. So I think
this meeting would be a good place for those interested in Libvirt LXC &
Xen support to coordinate their initial efforts / planning.

Regards,
Daniel