[openstack-dev] [Mistral][TaskFlow] Integration plan

Dmitri Zimine dz at stackstorm.com
Thu May 15 20:06:13 UTC 2014

Renat, Joshua, Dmitri and Timur discussed the integration path for Mistral and TaskFlow.
Quick summary - guys please correct any mistakes or omissions:

Taskflow - Mistral integration plan
1) Mistral: define the set of workflow primitives, define correspondent DSL
	- Driven by user requirements. Keep to minimal. Implement in Mistral.
2) Taskflow: break out flow scheduler (decision maker) and persistence
 	- it'll be a low level "library" interference, Joshua has details
 	- once done, ready to re-prototype integration, iterate until happy
3) Move the primitives to TaskFlow (both teams)

4) Integrate TaskFlow into Mistral (replace Mistral workflow engine with TaskFlow engine)

Once integration complete, Mistral DSL will continue to work, all TaskFlow and Mistral workflows will be interchangeable, the code reused.

DZ.

PS. When do we do it? We didn't commit to a date,
but IMO (DZ) we start now, and with some luck get integrated in K cycle.