[openstack-dev] Multiple instances of Keystone

Aniruddha Singh Gautam aniruddha.gautam at aricent.com
Wed May 14 04:34:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

Hope you are doing well...

I was working on trying to apply the patch for running multiple instance of Keystone. Somehow it does not work with following errors, I wish to still debug it further, but thought that I will check with you if you can provide some quick help. I was following http://blog.gridcentric.com/?Tag=Scalability. I did the changes on Ice House GA.

Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystone/openstack/common/threadgroup.py", line 119, in wait
    x.wait()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystone/openstack/common/threadgroup.py", line 47, in wait
    return self.thread.wait()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eventlet/greenthread.py", line 168, in wait
    return self._exit_event.wait()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eventlet/event.py", line 116, in wait
    return hubs.get_hub().switch()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eventlet/hubs/hub.py", line 187, in switch
    return self.greenlet.switch()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eventlet/greenthread.py", line 194, in main
    result = function(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystone/openstack/common/service.py", line 449, in run_service
    service.start()
AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'start'
(keystone): 2014-05-13 08:17:37,073 CRITICAL AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'stop'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/keystone-all", line 162, in <module>
    serve(*servers)
  File "/usr/bin/keystone-all", line 111, in serve
    launcher.wait()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystone/openstack/common/service.py", line 352, in wait
    self._respawn_children()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystone/openstack/common/service.py", line 342, in _respawn_children
    self._start_child(wrap)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystone/openstack/common/service.py", line 282, in _start_child
    status, signo = self._child_wait_for_exit_or_signal(launcher)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystone/openstack/common/service.py", line 240, in _child_wait_for_exit_or_signal
    launcher.stop()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystone/openstack/common/service.py", line 95, in stop
    self.services.stop()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystone/openstack/common/service.py", line 419, in stop
    service.stop()
AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'stop'

In logs I can find the new child processes, somehow probably they are stopped and then it spawns another child processes.

I also noticed that support for running multiple neutron servers in ICE House GA. Any specific reason of not having same thing for Keystone (My knowledge of Openstack is limited, so please bear with my dumb questions)

Best regards,
Aniruddha

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."