[openstack-dev] [nova] plan for moving to using oslo.db

Victor Sergeyev vsergeyev at mirantis.com
Mon May 12 17:50:22 UTC 2014

Hello Matt.

Thanks a lot for your working on this!
In my opinion, these steps are correct. Please see a few minor notes below.

1 - Yes, you right, oslo.db is not in global-requirements now. Blueprint
``Split openstack.common.db code into a separate oslo.db library `` [1]  is
not completed at the moment. Please see ``work items`` section in [1] for
the actual bp state

2,3 - Looks good to me :)

4 - If you want, you test it locally even without oslo.db in
global-requirements. You can replace nova.openstack.common.db with oslo.db
on  and run unittests. This will help us to find and fix potential issues
with porting to oslo.db (if any).
If you will have any issues or questions, please feel free to ping me or
Roman Podoliaka via irc or e-mail.

5 - ???

6 - Profit!

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo/+spec/oslo-db-lib