[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Multiple VIPs per loadbalancer

Brandon Logan brandon.logan at RACKSPACE.COM
Sat May 10 23:01:32 UTC 2014

Hi Eugene,

Since this debate has come and gone before, I'd like to thank you for
having the patience to still be debating with us about it.  It's
requiring a lot of patience for everyone on both sides of the argument.
A debate like this can be healthy though.

I, too, have not heard clear and concise reasons why the core team
members would not like a logical load balancer object, or a load
balancer object that maps to many vips, which in turn maps to many
listeners.  I've been to every LBaaS meeting for months now I think, and
I just remember that you and others have said the core team members
object to it, but not any clear reasons.  Would it be possible for you
to point us to an IRC chat log or a ML thread that does discuss that?

A lot of operators have come into this project lately and most (if not
all) would prefer an API construct like the one BBG and Rackspace have
agreed on.  This reason alone should be enough to revisit the topic with
the core team members so we operators can fully understand their
objections.  I believe operators should play a large role in Openstack
and their opinions and reasons why should be heard.

Thanks,
Brandon Logan