[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Heat] Custom Nova Flavor creation through Heat (pt.2)

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Fri May 9 23:09:15 UTC 2014

> This is why there is a distinction between properties set on images
> vs properties set on flavours. Image properties, which a normal user
> can set, are restricted to aspects of the VM which don't involve
> consumption of compute host resources. Flavour properties, which
> only a user with 'flavourmanage' permission can change, control
> aspects of the VM  config which consume finite compute resources.

I think the VM property should give requirement of resource, including CPU features like AES-NI, HVM/PV vCPU type, PCI device type because the image may have some special requirement for the resource, or the minimal of RAM size required etc. But IMHO it's not easy to say that " don't involve
consumption of compute host resources". After all, it defines the type of resources.