[openstack-dev] [all] Branchless Tempest QA Spec - final draft

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyam.mann at nectechnologies.in
Fri May 9 06:00:23 UTC 2014

Hi Sean,

There is one more scenario where interface of the existing APIs gets changed
may be only for experimental APIs (Nova V3 APIs). I have following question
regarding those.
	1. How we are going to tag those in Branchless Tempest? Should we keep two versions of tests for old and new API interface.
	2. Till Branchless Tempest is not Implemented, tempest test
                     has to be skipped for those as they get failed on Ice-House gate tests.
                    So for tempest part of those changes should we wait for implementation of
                    Branchless tempest to complete?

For example,
 'os-instance_actions' v3 API changed to 'os-server-actions' (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/57614/)
 after Ice-house release and its respective tests are skipped in tempest.
Now https://review.openstack.org/#/c/85666/  adds the response validation for this API in tempest.
As API tempest tests are skipped (cannot unskip as ice-house gate test fails), response validation code
will be untested on gate.
My question is how I should go on these-
1. Should I wait for implementation of Branchless tempest to complete?
2. OK to merge even this is going to be untested on gate.

Thanks
Ghanshyam Mann

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NEC or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NEC or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .