[openstack-dev] Web of Trust Juno Summit Key Signing Participants List

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 8 14:14:20 UTC 2014

I've had a few questions since the end of the sign-up period as to
whether people who missed adding themselves to the list can still
participate. While you can't get your key added to the list (the
checksums have already been calculated and published) you can still
feel free to print a copy and bring it with you to the room where
this activity is taking place. That will allow you to verify the
identification on the projector of people who are on the list, so
that you can confidently sign their keys.

To get your own key signed, you'll need to find opportunities during
the conference to show your ID to people and give them a copy of
your key fingerprint (we'll be scrambling to get through 65 people's
IDs in the ~20 minutes we have available as it is). Tips on ad-hoc
key signing can be found at:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenPGP_Web_of_Trust#Key_Signing_Process

Breaks, meals, parties, slow periods during sessions and
presentations... these are all potential opportunities to show
someone your ID and give them a copy of your key fingerprint. I
usually carry ~100 business cards with my info and key fingerprint
when attending any conference or user group meeting precisely for
this reason, and am always happy to exchange ID and fingerprints
with anyone who asks as long as I'm not too busy.
--
Jeremy Stanley