[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Subteam meeting Thursday, 05/08 14-00 UTC

Vijay Venkatachalam Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com
Thu May 8 13:40:17 UTC 2014

Excellent documentation. Thanks once again!

I see the VIP creation is documented as a POST to the following URL
http://client.url.com/v2.0/neutron/lbaas/vips

I think the VIP should be outside the purview of LBaaS and remain in general neutron. Today an IP gets reserved as part of creation of a neutron "port".

Are you proposing to give an indirection for IP reservation? For ex. the  above API will ultimately create a neutron "port" in the background?

Thanks,
Vijay V.