[openstack-dev] [qa] Debugging tox tests with pdb?

Pendergrass, Eric eric.pendergrass at hp.com
Wed May 7 18:15:53 UTC 2014

Hi, I've read much of the documentation around Openstack tests, tox, and
testr.  All I've found indicates debugging can be done, but only by running
the entire test suite.

I'd like the ability to run a single test module with pdb.set_trace()
breakpoints inserted, then step through the test.  I've tried this but it
causes test failures on a test that would otherewise succeed.  The command I
use to run the test is similar to this:  tox -e py27 <test_module_name>

Is there some way to debug single tests that I haven't found?  If not, how
is everyone doing test development without the ability to debug?

Thanks,

Eric Pendergrass