[openstack-dev] [trove] gpd: a git-push-based dev workflow for OpenStack projects

Lowery, Mathew mlowery at ebay.com
Wed May 7 16:13:40 UTC 2014

I just wanted to share a project that I've been working on. It's a
development workflow for OpenStack projects.

I like to code in PyCharm and push my changes to a DevStack VM. I don't
use Vagrant and I don't like manually scp'ing code. So I created
git-push-devstack or gpd:

https://github.com/mlowery/git-push-devstack

After configuring your laptop (or wherever you code) and your DevStack VM,
pushing your code from your laptop to your DevStack VM and restarting
affected processes is as easy as:

$ git commit
$ git push test

Code and doc are at the GitHub link.