[openstack-dev] Monitoring as a Service

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Wed May 7 08:57:38 UTC 2014

Hi Alexandre,

I wanted to let this discussion develop a little before jumping in, as
we've already had many circular debates about the cross-over between
ceilometer and monitoring infrastructure in general.

Personally I'm in favor of the "big tent/broad church" interpretation of
ceilometer's project mandate, and would welcome further development of
our capabilities in this area (whether directly within the ceilometer
code-tree itself, or within a parallel repo aligned with the Telemetry
program).

In terms of furthering the discussion, unfortunately you've missed the
boat in terms of securing a slot in the design summit next week in
Atlanta (proposal deadline was April 20th, and the scheduling has all
been finalized at this stage).

However, we do have a project pod space available for ad-hoc overflow
sessions. I would suggest that we organize something on this theme
after the main ceilometer track[1] has completed, say on the Thursday
or Friday. Please reach out on IRC to discuss availability for this
and we'll work out something around remote participation.

Thanks,
Eoghan

[1] http://junodesignsummit.sched.org/overview/type/ceilometer