[openstack-dev] [DriverLog][nova][neutron][cinder] Call for vendor participation please

Akihiro Motoki motoki at da.jp.nec.com
Wed May 7 06:35:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the effort.
While I am looking the website and the driver database,
I have a couple of questions and suggestions.

- Is it better to include "trunk" (= Juno) in "releases" in each driver
   if it is a part of the trunk or to wait it until Juno is released?
   We need some guidelines on this.
- Which is better as maintainer email, an individual mail address or CI
account contact address?
   IMO an individual mail address looks better because CI account
contact address receives
   all review comments and mails to the address can be missed or not
noticed soon from my experience.
   It is better to have some guideline on the maintainer email.

- How is the status of "CI tested" determined?
   I am not sure how it is handled in Wiki informaiton.
- (Related to the above) How does DriverLog handle a case
   where multiple drivers are tested under once CI account?
   AFAIK some CI acounts run third party testing for multiple drivers.

- "releases" in "drivers" section is a list of release names now.
   It means we need to update "releases" in every release.
   I wonder we can support ["from_release", "to_release"] style.
    If "to_release" is omitted, it means "trunk".

Thanks,
Akihiro