[openstack-dev] Monitoring as a Service

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hp.com
Tue May 6 22:21:13 UTC 2014

It sounds like there is some interest in this topic. With the Summit
just around the corner, I propose we get together while many
of us are there and explore this area further. I'm in the process of
researching the availability of a time and place, shooting for early
morning, prior to when the conference starts. I recognized a lot of names
on this thread, but not all, including the original poster, Alexandre. A
face-to-face I think would really help in this case and I'm assuming most
of the Ceilometer team will be at the Summit.

As a team, it would be good to understand and identify the primary
goals, areas of overlap and differences between where Ceilometer is
focused right now and monitoring as a service.

>From an HP perspective, I can share what we've done with Jahmon so far and
our plans. We've given this area and our direction considerable thought.
We see
Ceilometer as synergistic with our direction and have developed
a Ceilometer pipeline publisher to send samples to Jahmon. Jahmon
will be open-sourced and has a significant amount of code and the backing
of
a strong team right now, but we would like to start working in earnest
with the open-source community.

--Roland