[openstack-dev] [Programs] Client Tools program discussion

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue May 6 22:17:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Joe Gordon <joe.gordon0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. At first ClientTools consist of just the OpenStackClient
> 2. When the pythonSDK is ready to move off of stackforge, it will live in
> ClientTools

Yes to both of these

> 3. Specific python-*clients will be rewritten (from scratch?) to use the
> PythonSDK. But this time they won't have a built in CLI. These libraries
> will live along side the respective servers (so nova's python-novaclient
> will live in Compute)? All while moving OpenStackClient to the new libraries

I have no plans for the existing client libs.  If it makes sense to
consolidate them in Client Tools that is fine with me. Historically there
has been pushback on suggestions of that sort so I have not included them
here.

OSC will use the SDK when it becomes viable to do so. No matter where the
existing clients fit organizationally, I see their future use diminishing
over time.

dt

--

Dean Troyer