[openstack-dev] PGP keysigning party for Juno summit in Atlanta?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 6 17:26:52 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-06 12:36:34 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Note that we could pick any of the Design Summit rooms (they are
> larger and don't require us to move on 4th floor). They should all
> be empty during the break.

I was hesitant to try and use one of the design session rooms for
this since they tend to run long and wouldn't provide much
opportunity to set up in advance.

> B301 (160 seats) has infra sessions before and after the Wednesday
> 10:30am break, so there is overlap in attendance and we can easily
> push people out to start the keysigning ASAP.

Given that's Sean's session before the break (assuming it doesn't
get reshuffled) and he's signed up for the key signing too, he could
probably be persuaded to end on time and allow us to quickly free up
the room for that. If we go this route we'll probably still need to
plan to begin promptly at 10:35 AM EDT (five minutes into the break)
so that the projector can be attached and confirmed working while
attendees for the infra session in there clear out.

Any objections to this (particularly from Sean)? Preferences for
this plan over the separate room one floor up? Note that one down
side I see to this option is if anyone who isn't an ATC wants to
participate, we may need someone to help get them into the Design
Summit area.

> NB: I may be late as I've a summit presentation in the slot before
> and I may stay around to answer questions.

You'll likely miss the reading aloud of the file checksum and
(depending on how late you'll be) may miss display of some
individuals' identification on the projection screen, but at least
you can try to hit them up for a more traditional peek directly at
their passports/whatever later.
--
Jeremy Stanley