[openstack-dev] Monitoring as a Service

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue May 6 13:03:08 UTC 2014

John Dickinson wrote:
> One of the advantages of the program concept within OpenStack is that separate code projects with complementary goals can be managed under the same program without needing to be the same codebase. The most obvious example across every program are the "server" and "client" projects under most programs.
>
> This may be something that can be used here, if it doesn't make sense to extend the ceilometer codebase itself.

+1

Being under the Telemetry umbrella lets you make the right technical
decision between same or separate codebase, as both would be supported
by the organizational structure.

It also would likely give you an initial set of contributors interested
in the same end goals. So at this point I'd focus on engaging with the
Telemetry program folks and see if they would be interested in that
capability (inside or outside of the Ceilometer code base).

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)