[openstack-dev] SSL in Common client

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Mon May 5 14:17:33 UTC 2014

Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> writes:

> From what I found nothing has changed either upstream or in swift.

If you are asking about the ability to disable SSL compression it is up
to the OS to provide that so nothing was added when we changed
swiftclient to requests.

Most modern OSes have SSL compression by default, only Debian stable was
still enabling it.

The only feature that was left behind when we ported swiftclient to
requests was the support of Expects (100-Continue) which is referenced
upstream in this bug :

https://github.com/kennethreitz/requests/issues/713

and it does not seem be trivial to add to requests

Chmouel.