[openstack-dev] [Cinder] About store faults info for volumes

Jay S. Bryant jsbryant at electronicjungle.net
Fri May 2 22:35:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 10:20 -0700, Mike Perez wrote:
> On 06:49 Wed 30 Apr     , Zhangleiqiang (Trump) wrote:
> > Hi stackers:
> >
> > 	I found when a instance status become "error", I will see the detailed fault info at times when I "show" the detail of Instance.  And it is very convenient for me to find the failed reason. Indeed, there is a "nova.instance_faults" which stores the fault info.
> >
> > 	Maybe it is helpful for users if Cinder also introduces the similar mechanism. Any advice?
> >

> > ----------
> > zhangleiqiang (Trump)
> >
> > Best Regards
>
> There are some discussions that started a couple of weeks ago about using sub
> states like Nova to know more clearly what happened when a volume is in an
> 'error' state. Unfortunately I'm not sure if that'll be in a formal session at
> the summit, but it'll definitely be discussed while we have the team together.
> Maybe John Griffith can comment since he's approving the sessions.

I hope there is a plan to discuss this.  I have in my meeting notes from
the 4/16 Cinder meeting that there is going to be a summit session.

If that is forgotten we should at least plan to have an informal
discussion about it at some point.  I'll by a round of drinks if
necessary.  :-)

Jay
Freenode:  JungleboyJ