[openstack-dev] [neutron] explanations on the current state of config file handling

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Fri May 2 15:24:01 UTC 2014

Technically we don't need anything in neutron to migrate to a single config
files if not rearrange files in ./etc
For devstack, iniset calls to plugin-specific configuration files should
then be adjusted accordingly.
I think we started with plugin specific configuration files because at that
time it looked better to keep "common" arguments separated from the
plugin-specific ones.

>From what I gather this could and should be achieved together with the
config file generation work. I recall having seen somebody (don't remember
who) volunteer for that on IRC.

Salvatore