[openstack-dev] [infra][neutron]SystemExit() vs sys.exit()?

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Thu May 1 18:57:15 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Paul Michali (pcm) <pcm at cisco.com> wrote:

> FAIL: process-returncode
> tags: worker-1
> *Binary content:*
> *  traceback (test/plain; charset="utf8")*
> FAIL: process-returncode
> tags: worker-0
> *Binary content:*
> *  traceback (test/plain; charset="utf8")*

process-returncode failures means that child process (subunit one) exited
with nonzero code.

> It looks like there was some traceback, but it doesn’t show it. Any ideas
> how to get around this, as it makes it hard to troubleshoot these types of
> failures?

Somehow traceback got MIME type "test/plain". I guess, testr doesn't push
this type of attachments to the screen. You can try to see what's there in
.testrepository dir but I doubt there will be anything useful there.

I think this behavior is expected. Subunit process gets terminated because
of uncaught SystemExit exception and testr reports that as an error.

--

Kind regards, Yuriy.