[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] RackSpace API review (multi-call)

Vijay Venkatachalam Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com
Thu May 1 16:11:25 UTC 2014

Thanks Trevor. Replies inline!

Ok. Thanks! Should there be a separate use case for covering this (If it is not already present)?

> > Also, would it be useful to include PUT as a single call? I see PUT only for
> POOL not for LB.
> > A user who started with single-call  POST, might like to continue to use the
> same approach for PUT/update as well.
>
> On the fifth page of the document found here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mTfkkdnPAd4tWOMZAdwHEx7IuFZ
> DULjG9bTmWyXe-zo/edit
> There is a PUT detailed for a Load Balancer.  There should be support for PUT
> on any parent object assuming the fields one would update are not read-
> only.

My mistake, didn't explain properly.
I see PUT of loadbalancer containing only loadbalancer properties.
I was wondering if it makes sense for PUT of LOADBALANCER to contain
pool+members also. Similar to the POST payload.

Also, will delete of loadbalancer  DELETE the pool/vip, if they are no more
referenced by another loadbalancer.

Or, they have to be cleaned up separately?